summerhouse-training-courses-gloucester Funding Information 

Funding can be confusing, Apprenticeships, Advanced Learner Loans, Adult Education Budget (AEB) and Self-Funded courses are all funded in different ways. Our experts are able to advise and offer a variety of options to support your training.

Below is a table to show what type of courses can be funded and what options are available to you:

Apprenticeships

Summerhouse Training are currently offering the below Apprenticeships.

  • Apprenticeship In Horse Care L2
  • Advanced Apprenticeship in Horse Care and Management L3

 

Advanced Learner Loan

We offer advanced learner loans to those wishing to retrain or up-skill with no upfront costs our current offer is listed below.

  • Diploma in Nail Technology Studies L3
  • Diploma in Make Up Artistry L3
  • Diploma in Beauty Therapy L3
  • Certificate in Laser and Intense Pulsed Lights (IPL) L4
  • Diploma In Adult Care L3 and L4
  • Leadership and management , Operations/Departmental Manager L5

Adult Education Budget (AEB)

AEB is another type of funding which is available to help you up-skill or retrain we offer this for:-

  • Functional Skills English and Mathematics
  • First entitlement full L2 and full L3 courses

Eligibility for this type of funding is very strict so please contact us for more information.

summerhouse-training-courses-gloucester Apprenticeship Funding

Apprenticeships combine practical training in a job with study. As an apprentice you’ll:

  • work alongside experienced staff
  • gain job-specific skills
  • earn a wage and get holiday pay
  • get time for study related to your role (usually one day a week)

Apprenticeships take 1 to 5 years to complete depending on their level.

All apprenticeships will include elements of on the job and off the job training leading to industry recognised standards or qualifications.

Who can apply

You can apply for an apprenticeship while you’re still at school. To start one, you’ll need to be:

  • 16 or over by the end of the summer holidays
  • living in England
  • not in full-time education

Funding Apprenticeships

Pay the apprenticeship levy – If you’re an employer with a pay bill over £3 million each year, you must pay the apprenticeship levy from 6 April 2017. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pay-apprenticeship-levy

Changes for employers who don’t pay the levy – Support with apprenticeship costs.

Non-levy paying employers will share the cost of training and assessing their apprentices with government – this is called ‘co-investment’.

The co-investment rate has changed for new apprenticeships starting on or after 1 April 2019. You will now pay 5% towards the cost of apprenticeship training. The government will pay the rest (95%) up to the funding band maximum.

All apprenticeships that started before 1 April 2019 will continue at the previous co-investment rate of 10%.

For more information please visit https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apprenticeship-levy-how-it-will-work or contact the Apprenticeship employer helpline. Telephone: 0800 0150 600

Email: nationalhelpdesk@apprenticeships.gov.uk

Apprenticeship funding can be confusing but our team of experts are here to help please contact us with any questions or queries.

Summerhouse Training Apprenticeships

summerhouse-training-courses-gloucester Advanced Learner Loans

 

Want to Retrain with NO upfront cost? For our full level 3 courses you may be eligible to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to help with some or all of the costs of a course. It is easy to apply for, doesn’t take your household income into account and doesn’t involve a credit check. You’ll only have to pay your loan back at a monthly rate once you earn more than £25,725 per annum.

What if I never earn more than £25,725 per annum?
Currently if you do not exceed an annual salary of more than £25,725 your loan will never be repaid, but you can make voluntary repayments before then.

Can the 19+ Advanced Learning Loan be written off or cancelled?
Normally any outstanding loan you have will be written off 30 years after it becomes eligible to be repaid.
If you receive a disability-related benefit and are permanently unfit for work, it will be cancelled.

Who is eligible for a 19+ Advanced Learning Loan?
To be eligible for the loan you must be:
•19 or older on the first day of your course (there’s no upper age limit)
•living in the UK on the first day of your course, and have lived in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for 3 years immediately before this starting your course on or after 1 August 2016

Is there a maximum amount of Loan available?
The course fees of our courses eligible for the 19+ Advanced Learner Loans can be entirely covered by the loan amount you are able to take out. However, if you wish to take out a smaller amount (not less than £300) and fund the rest yourself, you are able to do this. You are also able to take out a maximum of four learner loans.

Is 19+ Advanced Learning Loan available to students with existing qualifications?
Yes, previous qualifications that learners have achieved do not affect their ability to apply for a Loan to gain new qualifications.

You may also be eligible for money from the Advanced Learner Loan Bursary Fund if you need help with some costs while studying, e.g. childcare, travel or trips related to your course Contact Us for more information or Click Here for more information regarding eligibility, how to apply, repayments and bursary funding.

summerhouse-training-courses-gloucester Apprenticeship Levy 

Currently apprenticeships are funded by the government for any business that are interested in taking on 16-18 apprenticeships or to up-skill their current workforce. This can be provided via an accredited training provider such as Summerhouse Training.

As of the 1st May 2017, the apprenticeship levy requires all employers operating in the UK, with a pay bill over £3 million each year, to make an investment in apprenticeships. The levy will be charged at a rate of 0.5% of your annual pay bill.

If an employer is not eligible for the levy and would like to train an apprentice, your business would be required to “co-invest’ 10% of the cost of the apprenticeship training and assessment and benefit from government funding to cover the remaining 90% of the cost.  If you employ 49 people or less and recruit a 16 -18 year old the government will pay 100%.

For more information on the Apprenticeship Levy including Q&A and a guide Click Here

summerhouse-training-courses-gloucester Self Funding

      • Summerhouse Training offer a range of self funded options including full courses, transport exams, Beauty CPD and many more – contact the team today to discuss your individual options and payment requirements.

For free Independent Financial Advice, please visit the Money Advice Service

GET IN TOUCH WITH THE SUMMERHOUSE TRAINING TEAM TODAY

summerhouse-training-courses-gloucester SUMMERHOUSE COURSES YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN

© 2019 Summerhouse Training, All Rights Reserved | Powered by PR Geeks | Privacy Policy

Share This