Happy New Year from Summerhouse! In this months issue of Hot Topic we discuss the serious issue of Gambling Addiction and the helpline hoping that it will help reduce the impact on family and the impact of gambling-related harm more broadly.
In this issue of our Hot Topic we look at Homelessness and how one schoolboy wants to make a difference.
This Month we review the 2018 Armistice Centenary of Remembrance and discuss topics such as Why British Muslims need a ‘poppy hijab’ to remember World War One.
Hot Topic is the latest version of the Summerhouse Training Safeguarding Newsletter and is designed to promote Equality & Diversity, Safeguarding, Health and Safety and British Values in our teaching and learning seamlessly. Enhancing learning for individuals using current key stories in the local, national and international news. This version concentrates on discussions around whether we are a Caring Nation.
Please read our latest safeguarding newsletter – the focus of this edition is Destitution.
Summerhouse Training has been awarded the prestigious Matrix Standard with the report highlighting several strong areas.
Our Partners commented
- “A really good working relationship. They always respond to queries, and we get the data, definitely works well’; ‘considering all the changes in Government funding, we get unprecedented support.”
- “Really helpful and insightful’; ‘nothing for improvement, one of our best providers.”
- “With Summerhouse we’ve grown ourselves as a provider’. ‘we always share good practice and guidelines.”
- “It works because they involve us’.”
Our Learners commented
“Always there when needed. I had a sheet on what I could go on to do from the Apprenticeship and what it could lead to and help and advice from assessor on my progression. I’ve learnt a lot more than I knew before’”
- “I’m getting experience to work in a competition yard, learning a job’; my assessor talked about options after Level 2 and Level 3, what jobs I could go into.”
“Very helpful’; ‘I’ve gained a lot more confidence from being here’; ‘the whole experience of moving away from home has helped me grow up a bit, and be more confident in my decisions’; ‘it’s brilliant. I’ve gained more knowledge about the world of work, have an action plan to work to, and have been told I can go on to Level 3.”
Big Thank You to all our Partners, Learners and Employers and importantly the Summerhouse Team.