Position Available: Apprentice Groom/ Rider/ Instructor
Live in available? no
Weekly wage: £148.00
Working week: 40 hours: 5 day week 8.30 – 5pm 1 day at weekend 1 late evening
Course: City & Guilds Diploma Level 2/3 in Work Based Horse Care
Training Provided by: Summerhouse Equestrian & Training Centre LLP
Training supported by: Sandra Manners
About the yard:
Professionally run equestrian centre catering for all aspects of the industry established 44 years. Our main activity is riding school where we have a wide variety of forward going horses and ponies. We also have a Sport horse Stud, Livery yard and produce competition horses from birth to competing in Dressage, Showjumping and eventing. Our lessons cater for all abilities and ages from the beginner, keen novice to the more experienced rider we also offer livery services. We pride ourselves on our standard of horse care and management which is of prime importance to the owner who has competed 4* level eventing and specialises in eventing and correctly schooling and rehabilitating horses to a high standard. As a BHS approved yard we are a centre of excellence for horse, rider and young professionals entering the industry. Facilities include indoor and large outdoor arenas..
- We are looking for a local person who has had experience in a yard. All general yard duties including exercising horses, grooming & clipping.
- Assisting with teaching clients and the breaking and training of young Sport horses.
- Grooming at competitions.
- Opportunity to compete if talented enough.
- Training available in all areas.
- High work ethic and client friendly individual sought.
Future Prospects: This position will enable the right person to be a groom/ Instructor or rider
- Previous riding and horse care experience is required
- Must like horses and caring for them
- Good attitude and work ethic
- Must be fit and healthy to cope with physical aspect of the job
Qualifications Required: None required
To apply for this role, please email your full Equine CV & Covering Letter to Irma Sutton via email@example.com